The North Hampton Lions Club is proud to announce that our 2018 Street Fair will be held on Friday, August 24th and Saturday, August 25thin North Hampton, next to the Lions Den. This event is the North Hampton Lion’s Club opportunity to thank the area community for its moral and financial support over the last year. This support is what makes it possible for the North Hampton Lions Club to help those in need and serve the local community.THE NORTH HAMPTON LIONS SERVE AND SUPPORT LOCAL ORGANIZATIONS, PROGRAMS, OR INSTITUTIONS THROUGH VOLUNTEERING AND PROVIDING FINANCIAL SUPPORT WITH THE FOCUS ON YOUTH, WELLNESS, AND COMMUNITY.Our Street Fair is financially supported this year by over 200 donors from area businesses; local elected officials; and local individuals and friends of the North Hampton Lions Club. The Lion’s Club Members cannot thank the many donors, enough, for their overwhelming moral and financial support of this year’s Street Fair and continuing to make it possible to serve and help the community.
The Street Fair,this year is packed with musical entertainment, featuring local talents Rum River Blend and Higgins Madewell on Friday Night. Saturday afternoon will feature the United Senior Services “The Jammers”; and the New Carlisle Area Community Choir. Saturday Night will feature a well know local talent Kate Hasting and talented partner Josh Beal, now known as Hasting & Company.
Also, this year the Street Fair will offer many exciting events for youth and adults alike. Most importantly, there will be food vendors with a variety of eats and sweets for everyone to enjoy. The weekend will feature attractions and games for the youth, as provided by a local company, Fun Services of Huber Heights. Saturday afternoon will feature the Kiddie Tractor Pull, of which is a blast for the young ones and very entertaining for the adults who are young at heart. The event of the weekend is our Veteran’s Ceremony on Saturday afternoon, wherein the Lion Club Members and the Tecumseh High School ROTC will honor our Veterans from the local community. So, if you are a Veteran, please come out and see us so we can recognize and thank you for your service to our country. Overall, the events and activities for the weekend are as follows:
FRIDAY, AUGUST 24TH:4PM TO 10PM:
- ATTRACTIONS AND GAMES FOR YOUTH–starting at 4pm to 10pm and continuing all day on Saturday.
- 500pm to 630pm – RUM RIVER BLEND – a blend of Bluegrass, Folk, and Gospel Music for everyone to enjoy. Everyone knows Rum River Blend, a local bluegrass group who is a Friend of the Lions and has supported the Street Fair for many years. They have always been an avid supporter of local festivals. We are proud to have them entertain again this year.
- 7pm – 830pm – HIGGINSMADEWELL–their music is a combination of strong vocals, acoustic guitar, and heart felt original lyrics; the original music ranges from county, delta blues, and soulful classic rock sound.Formed in late 2006, Higgins Madewell has performed well over 1000 shows together and enjoys a loyal regional following which has earned them the Active Dayton Best Band award for three consecutive years.
- LOCAL FOOD VENDORS AND CRAFTSwill be available through the evening and Saturdayfor all to enjoy;50/50 TICKETSwill be available for the drawing that will occur on Saturday evening around 8pm.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 25TH 10AM TO 10PM:
- 10am to 2pm – ANNUAL CAR SHOW– cash prizes for 1st place – $100 — 2nd place — $75 — 3rd place $50 — $150 drawing for participants at 2pm.During the Car Show music will be provided by Lion Taylor and Lion Gene. Our car show will be sponsored this year by NEW CARLISLE CHRYSLER, DODGE, JEEP AND RAM.
- 11am to 1pm – KIDDIE TRACTOR PULL as presented by National Kiddie Tractor Pullers Association.FREE TO ALL PARTICIPANTS AND WILL BE SPONSORED BY FOSTER EQUIPMENT SALES.
- 130pm to 230pm– THE UNITED SENIOR SERVICES“JAMMERS” – local group of senor guys and gals who like to jam – will play live under the big tent.
- 3pm – 4pm – THE NEW CARLISLE AREA COMMUNITY CHOIR,will sing and entertain, featuring Americana Music before and during theVeterans Ceremony. The NC Area Community Choir, has been a long-time tradition and pride of the New Carlisle Area for many, many years.
- 4pm – 5pm – VETERAN’S CEREMONY – “FREEDOM ISN’T FREE”– featuring the Tecumseh High School ROTC Color Guard and music by the New Carlisle Area Community Choir. We encourage all veterans to come out and be honored during the ceremony.
- 530pm to 630pm –CAKE & PIE, AUCTION; sweets as prepared by our Lion Club Members; this is a major fund raiser for the Club. Our 50/50 DRAWING will occur sometime around 7:30 pm; you do not have to be present to win; we welcome your financial support and wish you good luck!!!
- 730pm–9pm – HASTING & COMPANY – County Music.We are proud to have Kate Hasting and Josh Beal with us again. Kate is a local talent and 2006 graduate of Northwestern High School. Kate; her Band; and her Family have been long-time supporters of the North Hampton Lions Club. Please come out and support Hasting & Company.
The North Hampton Lions Club strives to support the community with its many local projects as well as the State of Ohio and International Lions Projects. It is only with your help and support that we are able to serve the community.We will recognize and thank our donors individually during the Street Fair and on our Brochure/Program, prior to and during the Street Fair. Please come out and help us serve the Community.